Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Friday, July 20, 2018

Great Summer Reads Countdown Blitz & Giveaway: Day 11-Beyond By Catina Haverlock and Angela Larkin



Catina worked her way through college as a TV reporter and a dating game show host. She's a sucker for Young Adult romance stories (both real and make-believe). She has a panache for match-making and loves that many of her "set-ups" have resulted in marriages. 

After spending most of her adult life in Las Vegas, Catina traded in tumbleweeds for earthquakes and now lives with her husband and four children near San Diego, California. If she's not home, chances are you can find her at the beach, Disneyland or In-N-Out Burger.


Angela Larkin writes clean teen romance and is a big fan of kissing (in life and in books). She's been a gold miner, a pool cleaner, a mannequin dresser, and a teacher. She's lived a true romance: meeting her husband in a case of mistaken identity. They recently moved with their four children from the sparkling city of Las Vegas to the shade of the North Carolina Pines. Chances are, she's reading past bedtime.






"Dangerous. Wrong.
She could be so close to finding out who I really am, and I don't want to think about how badly that could damage her. If I have any conscience, I'll turn and run. But I can't let her go."

Presley Hale has no idea the guy she just told off in the school parking lot died in a drowning accident four months ago. Why would she? It's not like she knows she can see the dead. Stunned by Presley's sixth sense, Landon Blackwood rethinks his planned departure and begins tracking her to find answers to their mysterious connection.

When their complicated relationship turns dangerous, they learn that tampering with the boundaries of death comes with consequences. Can Landon save Presley from the insidious spirits who have marked her for death, or was their love doomed from the beginning?


The next book in this Series is available this September!





Top Ten List:

Catina:
Top 10 Fun Facts/Favorite Things

1. Worked as a dating gameshow host to pay the bills in college
2. My maiden name is Cecchini (pronoucned Check-eenie) and I grew up on Chickadee Street. So, Catina Cecchini on Chickadee Street. Try saying that 10 times!
3. I was secretly in love with my husband for an entire college semester before he even knew I was alive.
4. I grew up in Beyond's setting. If I could live anywhere in the world, it would be the Lake Tahoe area.
5. I love helping other families who, like me, have a child with autism. I'm currently working on developing new services for people with autism in Southern CA.
6. I love Thai Food
7. Just tried Sushi for the first time a week ago and after all these years of avoidance, discovered I love it too!
8. Seriously nearly lost consciousness when I learned BEYOND was #1  in four Amazon categories shortly after its release
9. Wore sequins for the first time to the Whitney gala this May where Beyond was a finalist in two categories
10. Actually, I wore sequins in High School too as a member of the dance team! :)


10 Fun Facts about Angela Larkin (the girl in the white top)

1. I've worked five summers in a gold mine.
2. I used to dress mannequins at GAP.
3. I learned how to drive stick in an alfalfa field.
4. I have a favorite direction: west.
5. After my first kiss in fifth grade, I went straight home and tried to draw a representation in my journal of how it felt.
6. I used to choreograph roller skating routines in my garage to the soundtrack of The Little Mermaid. I took it VERY seriously.
7. I have no idea how much ice cream it would take to make me feel gross. I've never reached that point as hard as I've tried.
8. I met my husband in a true case of mistaken identity.
9. I want to learn Hula and perform it somewhere.
10. Weiner dogs are cuter than all the dogs. And I want one. 





To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event Page 





No comments:

Post a Comment