Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Great Summer Reads Countdown Blitz & Giveaway: Day 3: Queen Immortal By Kaci Morgan



Kaci Morgan is the author of The Queen Immortal Series. She found her passion for writing later in life, but for the last eight years she has worked on honing the craft to the best of her ability by attending local classes, seminars, and reading books about the craft and in the genre. 

As a wife and mother, she feels that writing has helped her to find a sense of purpose, and to understand that hard work and determination are the keys to unlocking our dreams.





Secrets can be agents of destruction, Queen Beza learns after three-hundred years of ruling. Unable to produce an heir, and on the hunt for a sibling who should have never been born, Beza struggles to understand what the Gods and Goddesses have planned for her. Unable to come to terms with past discretions, she pushes away what might be her last chance at love, focusing only on the murder and betrayal going on all around her.



Immortal as Beza might be, she soon finds her life, and queendom crumbling underneath the burden of a brother, so named the lost king, who holds more legitimacy to the throne than she herself. Can she find him before his shadow becomes her devastation?






Author Interview:

1.     What is your favorite book that is not yours?  
a.     This might just be impossible for me to answer. With each season of my life I have had a new favorite. So over the course of my life I can't say that I have one favorite above all (though Jane Eyre is definitely up there). However, over the last year I have enjoyed reading The Sevenwater Series by Juliet Mariller so much so that it has influenced my writing in a positive way.
2.     Do you write in multiple genres? 
a.     Currently, I only write in fantasy. But I would love to tackle historical fiction in the not too distant future. Which genre is your favorite to write? N/A
3.     How young were you when you started writing? 
a.     26 years young 
4.     If you could meet any author, past or present, who would it be and why? 
a.     I would love to meet Juliet Marillier. She became a successful author later in life, and only after a few years of writing. I would love to know what brought her to her decision to pick up pen and paper, and what choices she made that led her to success.
5.     How long does it take you to write a book, and what was your fastest book to write? 
a.     It took me about 6 years to write my very first book (that was including a year hiatus that I took after I had my third child). My second book took one year to write, and I have been working on my third book (a sequel to Queen Immortal) for six months now. Hopefully this momentum will continue!
6.     What is your favorite thing to do in the summertime? 
a.     Although I enjoy most things about summer, my favorite is a toss-up between camping along Mirror Lake Highway (we just became RV owners so it should be a new experience this year), and enjoying all that Independence Day has to offer. The 4th of July is one of my favorite days of the year, and to me, represents the pinnacle of summertime and all that it means to live in this great country. 





To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event Page 





No comments:

Post a Comment