Morgan always loved to write and draw and her parents always liked to say that they knew she’d write a book some day. Ever since she was small she told stories and drew pictures for her tales. When she got old enough, all of her spare time between classes was spent writing and she always had a notebook with her.
Her first novel was originally written after her first child was born, to help her pass the long, lonely hours as a new stay-at-home mom. As her kids got older and more came she was too busy to do much with her stories, until one year she was introduced to NaNoWriMo, which finally rekindled the spark that led her to finish what she’d started.
Morgan’s favorite authors are Brandon Sanderson, Kristen Britain and Marion Zimmer Bradley.
1. Blue Roan is my favorite color of horse
2. I prefer off-road motorcycles to street bikes
3. I published my first book in 3rd grade
4. I can’t act worth beans
5. My favorite jersey number is 13
6. A ring inscribed with the phrase “Prone to wander” reminds me to write
7. Despite having a cell phone for over 15 years, I still don’t have a smart phone
8. Reading my teacher’s ratty old copy of “Birth of the Firebringer” by Meredith Ann Pierce in 4th grade is what first inspired me to start writing.
9. Horses are my favorite mammal
10. I think top 10 lists are as difficult to compile as writing a book cover blurbs