Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Monday, December 16, 2019

Christmas Countdown Blitz & Giveaway 2019: Day 11: Unmasking Lady Caroline By Mindy Burbidge Strunk




"Mindy loves all things history and romance, which makes reading and writing romance right up her alley. Since she was a little girl, playing in her closet “elevator,” she has always had stories running through her mind. But it wasn’t until she was well into adulthood, that she realized she could write those stories down. Now they occupy her dreams and most every quiet moment she has-she often washes her hair two or three times because she wasn't paying attention when she did it the first time. Which usually means really clean hair and a fixed plot hole. When she isn’t living in her alternate realities, she is married to her real-life Mr. Darcy and trying to raise five proper boys. They live happily in the beautiful mountains of Utah. 




Peter Blythe, Earl of Rockwell fled England when he was thrown over in favor of his father. Now after nearly ten years, he has returned to England to assume his family title. When he asks a young woman to dance at a masquerade ball, he is intrigued by her wit and charm. The only problem is she refuses to give him her name. When Lady Caroline unexpectedly meets the man she has always loved at a masquerade ball and he does not recognize her, she is determined to keep her name a secret. What starts out as a game soon becomes much more when she realizes she still loves him, all the while knowing if he knew her true identity, he would never feel the same for her. When they both return home to their neighboring estates for the holidays, acquaintances from years past threaten to sever more than just their childhood friendship. 

~ Universal Amazon Link
    




Top Ten List:

1.What inspired this Christmas/Winter book? A friend and I wanted to do a collaboration with some other authors. We knew that we wanted to do it for Christmas and we knew that we wanted the opening scene to be set in the same ball. AS we started working on it, one of us mentioned a masquerade ball and it all moved from there.

2.Do you have other Holiday books? If so, what are they are for which Holidays? If not, what other books do you write? This is my first Christmas book. Although, I am planning to have several out next year. Currently, all of my books take place in the Regency time period.

3.What is your largest unfulfilled dream, and what are you doing to reach it? I don’t really know. I really want to take my family to England and then Europe, but my littles are still a bot young to appreciate what they would be seeing. But I think in another couple of years, that will change. I am currently squirreling away money for the plane tickets so when that day comes, there will be nothing to stop it.

4.Tell us about things you enjoy — what you do for fun or personal satisfaction besides writing? I love to read, I know duh. I love to binge-watch Amazon Prime while I clean the house and fold laundry or Paint my house. I love to quilt, scrapbook, and craft. Most of those have taken a back seat since I started writing full time.

5.Are your characters/stories/scenes, etc. based on anything in real life? All of my characters have a bit of me in them. Sometimes it comes out as their snarky and sarcastic personality. But sometimes it is as small as describing the feeling I had when I had a similar experience to them. Some of the places I base off of previous trips I have taken to England and some are based on dreams I have had.

6.Tell us one Christmas or Winter tradition that you love to do every year, and why it is so special to you? Decorating the Christmas tree has always been a favorite for me. When I was a kid, we would order out pizza form out Favorite local place and watch a Christmas movie while we decorated the tree and put out all of the decorations. Every ornament had a memory attached, even if it hadn’t been my memory, to begin with, it became my memory after hearing it year after year.






To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our  Official Event page Part 2 









No comments:

Post a Comment