Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Monday, December 9, 2019

Christmas Countdown Blitz & Giveaway 2019: Day 6-The Miracle of Joie By Betsy Love





Betsy Love has loved to write from the moment she could hold a pen and has been creating stories ever since she was in elementary school. Her high school creative writing teacher told her that one day she would be published.


When not sitting at her computer pouring her heart and soul into her novels, she loves going to her mountain property for inspiration and to escape the desert heat. She loves spending time with her family. At last count she has 20 grandchildren, has given up on gardening. If she had a horse, she might give up writing.


~ Facebook ~ Amazon ~
  




Joie, an over-confident rookie elf, is on her first assignment. 

Its one week before Christmas, and she must find a mother for eight-year-old Emily. Not an easy task, since Emilys grieving father, Matt, is not ready for marriage. Hes still bitter about the accident that killed his wife and handicapped his daughter. 

When events turn Joie into a human, she loses her magic and must use her ingenuity to heal the broken family. How could falling love be the answer?




~ Universal Amazon Link  
   


Q&A With the Author:

What inspired this Christmas/Winter book?
I've been wanting to write a Christmas story for a long time, but just haven't had any ideas. Then one day I was thinking about the movie Elf and suddenly a whole story formed in my head. 
Do you have other Holiday books? If so, what are they are for which Holidays? If not, what other books do you write?
I'm working on a paranormal winter story. I'm not sure I'm going to call it a Christmas story because it's a little more on the dark side than I normally write. I'm also writing a series that will take place around different holidays. The first one (still in the writing phase) is called "Ginger in Grayscale." The theme is "What if you woke up tomorrow with only what you thanked God for today." This one takes place around Thanksgiving. My other books (all clean) are spread across a couple of genres. I write mail order brides of the future. The series is called "StarBride Chronicles." My favorite novel "The Penny Project, my anti-bullying book written from the viewpoint of the bully, is inspired by a true story.

What is your largest unfulfilled dream, and what are you doing to reach it?
 
To actually make a living as a writer. To achieve this dream I am working on my marketing skills and to date, I'm terrible at it. But that is about to change!

Tell us about things you enjoy what you do for fun or personal satisfaction besides writing? 
I love to crochet and am always on the lookout for a fun pattern. Yesterday it was a unicorn hoodie/scarf. My granddaughter is all about the unicorns.

Are your characters/stories/scenes, etc. based on anything in real life? 
Yes and no. But I won't tell you which loved ones I've modeled some of my characters after. I get some of my best ideas by listening to people talk about themselves. My favorite t-shirts reads "I'm a writer. Anything you say or do maybe be written into a story."

Tell us one Christmas or Winter tradition that you love to do every year, and why it is so special. 
When the kids were little, we loved to open one gift at a time and ooo and ahhh over each item. That allowed the receiver to properly thank the giver. We loved going to the Mesa temple to see the Christmas lights and then having wassail afterward. We would then read the story of The Three Trees and talk about how Christ is the center of Christmas. 
Now that the children are grown and are scattered across the US, instead of sending Christmas gifts, we like to send ourselves. We rotate visiting our children and grandchildren.






To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page Part 1 
  Official Event page Part 2 









1 comment: