Friday, February 22, 2019
Valentine Countdown Blitz & Giveaway Day 15: Featuring Author Sally Britton "Miss Devon's Choice"
Sally Britton is a bestselling indie author, with four historical romance novels. She contributes to the Historical Hussies blog and teaches a young writer’s class at her local library. Sally received her BA in English from Brigham Young University. She’s always read voraciously and eclectically.
Sally started her writing journey at the tender age of fourteen on an electric typewriter and she’s never looked back. Sally lives in Arizona with her crime-fighting husband, four children, and their dog. She loves researching, hiking, and geeking out over her favorite books and movies.
A scarred and lonely viscount and an independent young woman are forced into an arranged marriage. What hope do they have for a happily ever after?
Rebecca Devon lives under the severe eye of her aunt and the iron will of her father. Though she wears what she is told and befriends the people they choose for her, she spends every moment longing to do as she wishes. Knowing freedom will only come through marriage, her hopes for a happy union are stolen away when her father arranges her marriage to a complete stranger.
Christian Hundley, Lord Easton, has learned the hard way that English society won't accept a person who looks or behaves differently than their ideal. He has hidden himself away from scornful eyes for years, until his aging grandfather takes matters in hand and finds Christian a bride. Knowing he must agree to the marriage, Christian shields his heart. If the whole of society cannot accept him, why should his bride?
Rebecca knows she must have love in her life, but Christian is convinced there is nothing so fraught with danger and pain as entrusting one’s heart to another. Rebecca does everything she can to change his mind, but Christian is determined to remain aloof. Can an arranged marriage ever be anything other than a business partnership?
While this is the fifth book in the Regency romance series, Branches of Love, it can be read as a stand-alone romance.
Top Ten List:
10 fun facts about yourself:
1. I'm sixth generation Texan on one side, fifth on another
2. I wrote my college senior-level thesis on the book The Princess Bride (and NAILED IT!)
3. My favorite dessert is raw cookie dough. I ignore the warnings about eating it. Therefore, I live dangerously
4. I learned how to type on a typewriter my mom used in college
5. I've got almost no sense of rhythm, which anyone who's seen me dance can attest to
6. I have four of the sweetest children in the world
7. I've read Anne of Green Gables more times than I can count
8. The best compliment I've ever received about my books is that someone lost sleep to stay up and read them
9. I dedicate all my books to my husband, and always will
10.At least one character in every book is based on a member of my extended family