Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Thursday, December 27, 2018

A Wish to Be a Christmas Tree By Colleen Monroe-Book Review


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this delightful Christmas Book for the first time this year. I loved it! It has a tender story about a tree that is never chosen by humans to be their Christmas tree. Year after year he's been passed by.

The tree is devastated again one year as he is once again not chosen by any family. His animal friends decide to let him know how much they love him and appreciate how much the tree has helped the animals through the year.They also decide to make him "their" Christmas Tree in the forest. It has a happy ending of course when the tree feels so loved by his animal friends.

Yes, it's one of those books that made me cry as I read it to 2nd graders. That has happened several times through the years.

This is a book that should be in every family's Christmas book collection. I know it's going to join mine. 

****Purchase the book 

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this one before. Sounds like a touching story and one that is great for all ages. Thanks for sharing. I will have to look for it. :)
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should Jess. I love stories like this that teach children about having compassion for others.

    ReplyDelete