Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Monday, February 24, 2020

Nest Egg by Josi Avari: Book Review




Nest Egg by Josi Avari
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Genre: Mystery/Suspense


 Book Summary

Saffron Skye has inherited a little piece of Hawaiian paradise. Only it’s filled with the leftovers of her late uncle’s life and overrun with his enormous flock of chickens. When her new friend, the oldest man in town, dies, no one else finds it suspicious. But as the town’s newest poultry keeper Saffron recognizes fowl play when she sees it.

Saffron is a tetrachromat and can see colors nobody else can see. If only she could do the same with killers.

To find the culprit--and the victim’s hidden fortune--Saffron will have to look in some surprising places. Even her new flock will lend a wing.

With scrumptious island food galore and two handsome men vying for her attention, Saffron has to focus, crack a few eggs . . . and crack the case.



My Review
I loved this first book in a new mystery series. It takes place in Hawaii and I felt like I was truly back there with the fantastic descriptions written. I love the main character Saffron and all of the cast of fun and sometimes quirky characters found in this book. Nest Egg is easy to read and I felt like I wanted the book to never end. I was so happy to see a second book is coming soon with the same characters on the same island. I also loved the fresh take on chickens and seeing them from a different perspective. I also like how the main character got a new chance at life and understanding her family that she really never knew that well. The mystery was intriguing and I enjoyed along with Saffron, trying to figure out who was behind everything. Give this book a chance and I know you'll be a fan.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment