Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Saturday, November 23, 2019

Smarter Than a Monster: A Survival Guide by Brandon Mull-Children's Picture Book Review



Smarter Than a Monster: A Survival Guide by Brandon Mull
Genre: Children's Picture Book
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Book Summary
What a great book for kids. I read this book to my class of 2nd graders. They not only loved the story but were enamored with the illustrations! (illustrations by Mike Walton) Brandon Mull, known for the wonderful Fabelehaven middle-grade series has once again written a brilliant children's book that speaks their language. So many kids are afraid of monsters and this book in a cute way tells how to repel those monsters. Some of the things were so smart like staying in your own bed because that's where monsters will leave you alone and brushing your teeth before bed because foul breath is a perfume to monsters. I also loved how it said for kids to repel monsters is to keep their rooms clean because monsters love to hide in messy rooms. Where was this book when my kids were little? This short book turned into a 15-minute conversation as my 2nd graders had a lot to say about repelling monsters. I hope that Brandon Mull will write more books about repelling monsters, dragons, trolls, etc. I know it was a hit with my 7-8-year-old students. 

***I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy from the publisher. All opinions are my own***

 Purchase your copy HERE: https://amzn.to/2XHKexh

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment