Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Saturday, August 24, 2019

Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout-Book Review


Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Book Summary:
BEING CONNECTED TO DAEMON BLACK SUCKS… 

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

SOMETHING WORSE THAN ARUM HAS COME TO TOWN 

The Department of Defense is here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we’re linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there’s this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that’s possible. Against all common sense, I’m falling for Daemon. Hard.

BUT THEN, EVERYTHING CHANGES 

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

NO ONE IS WHO THEY SEEM. AND NOT EVERYONE WILL SURVIVE THE LIES.
 


My Review:
Wow, I liked this 2nd book a lot! The storyline was more mature and had a lot more action. Mysteries in the story about "lost" people dominated the plot. I really liked the relationship between the two main characters Katie and Daemon. This was a happy surprise to have the second book in a series be so much better than the first. It still had some normal teenage angst but I felt the characters grew up in Lux#2. I've already started listening to the third book in the series. It's been fun listening while getting ready in the morning, before school starts, and before I go to bed. Now I know I'll finish the series because I'm just that hooked to want to find out more about this world.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment