Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Monday, April 25, 2011

"U" Are the Winner of the Bumpy Landings Contest...


Congrats to Angie Lofthouse "U" are the winner!! She has won a copy of Bumpy Landings by Don Carey. I will be letting Don know that you have won the copy from my blog's contest. I will let him make arrangements of how he wants to get your copy to you.


Can you name 20 words that start with "U"? (Don't use a Dictionary!) Also, set your timer and give yourself only five minutes. It is harder than you think when you are being timed.

-unicorn

-unique
-umbrella
-undone
-undress
-unattainable
-us

-United States of America
-unbelievable

-understand
-Uncle
-umbilical cord
-upside down
-ugly

-ukulele
-urgent
-updated
-upset
-ulcer
-unpack

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Angie! Send your snail mail to don (at) donaldjcarey (dot) com, and I'll ship the book right out.

    And thanks for hosting the contest, Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo! I'm so excited!! Thanks Don and Sheila. And you're right. It is hard to think up words that start with "U".

    ReplyDelete
  3. But, I was able to read them in less than a minute! Does that count?

    Hello, fellow A-Z Challenger! Here's my latest entry. Come visit either of my blogs when you can and leave some comment love:

    V is for Virtuosity and the Virtual Piano http://bit.ly/hBYZmI

    http://www.mainstreamsolarcooking.com
    http://www.rockinchairreflections.com (A-Z)
    Twitter: @SolarChief

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from the A-Z challenge. Some of those letters like u are bit tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's see,

    Ultimate
    Under
    Undercover
    Uno
    Uppity
    Urban
    Ulcer
    Up
    Ugly
    Ultra
    Urn
    Uranus
    Urethra
    Uterus
    Unproductive
    Unclean
    Unsatisfied
    Unprepared
    Umbrella
    Understanding
    Undertaker
    Urine
    Unbelievable

    23 words in 5 minutes! (I timed myself and also had a song playing while trying to think of some words)....not bad, if I don't say so myself :)

    I do noticed that we have a few similar words though, like "Unbelievable" and "Ugly".

    This was a nice exercise. It reminds me of a card game that I used to play with some relatives.

    The Madlab Post

    ReplyDelete