Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Christmas Countdown Blitz Day 9: A Spellbinding Christmas by Chelsea O'Neal




Chelsea O'Neal lives in her fantasy world where people can fly, vampires could be real, money is never an issue and the romantic meeting of your true love is a normal happening. When not relaxing in Chelsea-ville, she enjoys talking with animals who talk back and taking long walks with her prince charming.

-->Actually Chelsea lives in the United States in Nebraska, where she was born and raised, with her black lab Daisey, who hasn't spoken actual words to her but she is pretty sure Daisey understands her. She is yet to meet her prince charming, though she is quite sure he is out there. Chelsea enjoys working in a library as well as a cosmetologist. She is an avid reader and writing has always been her passion. Chelsea has written three novels and a novella, and she is working on her next book now.

Q & A With The Author:

5. What is the hardest thing you've ever done? The hardest thing I have ever done is say goodbye to my grandma who died earlier this year.  She was my best friend and I hung out with her every single day. I miss her so much and think of her all the time.

6. Now that we've gotten to know each other, tell me a story. It can be long or short. From your childhood or last week. Funny, sad, or somewhere in between. Just make sure it's yours. What's your story?

I have been working on a version of the following for a while now, and here it is, a bit sad maybe, but it's mine. :)

Love is vital.

On a cold March morning awakened from a restless foreboding sleep by an alarming ringing phone, my life changed.  "It is time come quick." 
I raced to pull on clothes through fear and hot tears, not stopping to even comb my hair, I raced to my destination, one I had left mere hours before. My grandma is sick and I must go to her, for this might be the last time. We were very close, grandma and I.  I lived with her for some time a result of a happy accident, and visited her every single day after I moved back home. Once in the morning, to help her get ready for the day, a lovely moment spent before the work day then again after I got off work just to talk and see how her day went. I visited her to help her in any way she may need, to show her my love. 
We had inside jokes, watched tv, and told stories to each other. I could spend hours just listening to her when she spoke of her life or of her late husband, my grandpa. I loved every moment of it.  Though those moments had an expiration date that seemed to loom coming ever closer to an end I never wanted to see.
In a cold hospital room heavy with disbelief we found out she had cancer, an evil vile monster that was sure to suck her life from her, no matter what we did.  A monster that caused pain and suffering for all, not only the one infected. The surgery, the medicine, the pain and not knowing how long we had filled our precious days to come.  The awful infections that brought about the last birthday celebration my grandma would have, moments we would never have a chance for again. She was gone a month later, not a moment later, but a month. 
A month to say all the things you will never get another chance at, a month to soak up the love that you will never feel again, and a measly month to watch the person you love slowly and painfully fade away. I held her hand as she took her last breaths, my heart clenching painfully as her pain ended. Knowing in that moment, I wouldn't have given up an ounce of the love I have for her, no matter how much it hurt.  It was difficult to tell one you love so much goodbye, knowing you will never see them again in this life. To convey to her how much she meant to you, and how much you hope to be like her one day, the wise, lovely, strong woman you were lucky to know.  She was one of my best friends, and I love her still though she is no longer physically here. Love can hurt and heal, it can bring joy or cause tears, love can fill you and leave you feeling empty. Yet love is something I and most everyone longs for.

Love is not only a universal theme, but a very universal feeling.  Love can describe many things: be it your pet dog, or your favorite shirt, or a family member. I believe that we are made to love, and love fiercely.  Love is a vital part of your life.  Love is at the base of most moments in life, those that take a second or a month.  Love can be the most shocking thing to experience either personally or through fictional characters. Love can help save someone, and can be an intense feeling as you lose someone, it can be the easiest thing to accept or deny. Love is vital.



Connect with the Author here: 

-->Can Trinity control her power?
Trinity is headed home to celebrate Christmas with her Gran. She hasn't been back in nearly ten years staying away from the man she has longed for since she was young. The man who has starred in every one of her fantasies, her Gran's next door neighbor, Travis. As her emotions run high, her inherent magic is let loose.
Can Travis let Trinity in?
Travis never noticed Trinity, but has grown close to her grandmother after the loss of his parents and his uncle. When Trinity comes swirling into the house an attraction flares in him but he fears loosing anyone else in his life.
The more time spent together the attraction grows, so does a new found realization that Trinity has a magic that has captured his heart.
Will this spellbinding Christmas be merry?







Top Ten List:

1. I love the color green- truly it is an obsession or maybe a way of life...
2. I am a lifetime Girl Scout and I earned my Gold Award when I was in High School
3. I am a huge Potter Head!
4. I am also a huge fan of The Flash- Love Barry Allen/Grant Gustin!
5. I am a youth librarian.
6. I have a tattoo of an open book with 3 birds flying above it.
7. I have went back to school after graduating in 2004. I am earning my Bachelor's in Creative Writing.
8. I love to dress up in costume- the crazier the better!
9. I am a binge you tube watcher- I just love short videos!
10. My favorite movies to watch are animated children's movies- I'm a kid at heart.



To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 



No comments:

Post a Comment