Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Saturday, October 16, 2010

My Review of "Princess of Glass" by Jessica Day George


The engrossing companion novel to Princess of the Midnight Ball, with a wicked twist on Cinderella.

Hoping to escape the troubles in her kingdom, Princess Poppy reluctantly agrees to take part in a royal exchange program, whereby young princes and princesses travel to each other’s countries in the name of better political alliances—and potential marriages. It’s got the makings of a fairy tale—until a hapless servant named Eleanor is tricked by a vengeful fairy godmother into competing with Poppy for the eligible prince. Ballgowns, cinders, and enchanted glass slippers fly in this romantic and action-packed happily-ever-after quest from an author with a flair for embroidering tales in her own delightful way.

I love Jessica's stories. I have liked every book that she has written. I give her the title first of a fantastic storyteller, then a writer. Anyone can write, but not everyone can tell a good story.

My favorite part about this book is the main character Poppy. I love her spirit, determination and intelligence. Her background dealing with black magic, comes in handy while figuring out the mystery to Ellen's transformation.

I also really liked the twist on this retelling of Cinderella. I have been very bored with many of the retelling's up to this point. Having the "Cinderella" be Ellen,"Eleanora", another character in the story, this was a good thing for me. It fit her gullible and fragile personality better. You can understand why she would have fallen prey to an evil source.

I wish that there had been more romance between Poppy and Christian at the end. I felt like things were just getting started between the two of them. My favorite male character in this story was Roger. He was a well rounded character showing much personality and wisdom. I almost wanted to see Poppy and Roger end up together.

As others have said and I agree, my favorite Jessica Day George book is still "Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow". It sits there among my top 10 favorite books. I can't wait to read the next book from Jessica.

No comments:

Post a Comment