Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Yes, I Am Writing!


I have wonderful news to share! The plan I made for myself and my writing goals has been successful. The funny part is, I have started another book. I have heard many of you accomplished writers talk about the many books you have started and are still unfinished.

The ideas started flowing on the drive into work. This one is a Romance, which was not on the agenda. I guess we do not dictate to the muse, but let it do what it wants. During SSR this morning I started the story. As my second graders read silently, the words began to flow. The many ideas that I learned over the weekend surfaced in my brain. It was so thrilling to see a new character come to life right before my eyes.

I want to thank Melissa Cunningham and Michelle Ashman Bell for helping me set the goals. I am so proud of myself that I actually did what I set out to do. Some of you may laugh at the one page that I wrote during that time. To me it seemed like a thousand pages. I feel quite happy knowing that I can write and will be able to let the stories go free. They have been rattling so long in my brain, no wonder I felt like I have been going crazy. I have a long ways to go before I will ever see a published book with my name on it. The beauty of this is knowing that it now is possible. I want to thank all of my writer friends for your great examples of hard work and dedication. I guess that I can wear my , "Writer Chick" t-shirt and know that I truly am.

7 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! That makes me so happy! Congrats! Don't it feel great? I'm so glad you doing this because I have a feeling you have some great stories inside just bursting to get out!

    I sure love you and LOVED rooming with you. It's a def. yes for me for next year if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you two! I am so excited to write even more.

    Of course Melissa! We need to do the roomie thing next year. Guess what I found in the bottom of my purse? Yes, the room key. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I love starting something new and fresh! You'll rock it, Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You teach school too? How cute! I bet you are the most requested 2nd grade teacher. And congrats on the writing! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Rachael! I love teaching 2nd grade! We have a lot of fun in my class.

    I am so glad that you found my blog. Thanks for the follow also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your success! Melissa is a wonderful mentor, isn't she? Wear the Writer Chick t-shirt with pride, Sheila!

    ReplyDelete