James is a fellow writer who is trying to increase his followers on his blog. He is having a sweet contest where he is giving away a $20.00 gift certificate to Amazon.com and a $5.00 gift certificate to Cold Stone Creamery. There are some very easy things you need to do to enter.
Entering is easy. Just follow this blog and tell everybody how wonderful I am! I'll go with the point system.
1) Mention this blog and contest on Twitter with the following: "Follow James Duckett's writing blog and you could win a gift card. http://bit.ly/ojREtE" That is worth one drawing per tweet.
2) Throw it on Facebook. I think that is worth two drawings. But because I may not be Facebook friends with you you may need to leave a comment. I'm trusting everybody will be honest.
3) Mention it on your blog. Again, comment below so I don't miss it and so I can follow your blog if I'm not doing so already. I'll give five points for that!
Each point represents an entry into the drawing. I'll first draw for the Amazon gift card and then for the Cold Stone gift certificate. If you win, I'll stalk you until I find out how to get it to you.
I'll let this run through the weekend and tally everything up Tuesday night (July 12th) around 9pm and hold the random drawing. The winner will be announced on this blog Tuesday night.
1) I married Julie, the girl of my dreams who somehow still seems to like me despite knowing me.
2) I have a teenage son. He's reached the age where he thinks he knows more than me. I'm waiting for him to turn about 25 when he'll learn that I was right all along.
3) I have an Associate's Degree from UVSC (now UVU) in Business Management and a Bachelor's Degree from UNLV (still UNLV) in Business Management with an emphasis in Management of Information Systems.
4) I'm the IT Director for the City of St. George, a job that keeps me out of trouble and keeps things challenging enough to make me want to stick around.
5) I live in, what I believe to be, the best city on earth: St. George, UT
6) I enjoy reading, running, swimming, biking, baseball (Go Dodgers!!), and most sports.
7) I've wanted to be a writer since the 2nd grade. Now that I've got a lot of things out of the way I needed to do before I could focus on this goal, I'm finally getting serious.
8) English is my second language. My first is sarcasm. PLEASE try to keep that in mind while reading anything I write.
9) I love exclamation points!!!!! I'm REEEEAALLLYYYYY trying to work on that.