Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Christmas Countdown Blitz & Giveaway 2020: Day 8-Miss Dashwood's Dilemma By Arabella Sheraton





Arabella Sheraton grew up on a diet of Jane Austen, the Bronte sisters, and many other writers of that period. From Jane Austen to Georgette Heyer, Arabella has found both enjoyment and inspiration in sparkling, witty Regency novels. She also loves history and generally finds the past more fascinating than the future. Arabella wrote her first Regency romance to entertain her aged mom who loved the genre. Arabella is honoured to share the adventures of her heroes and heroines with readers.




In this delightful traditional Regency romance, Miss Diana Dashwood accepts an invitation to Lady Prescott's Christmas party at Camden House, in the countryside. But things do not go quite as she imagined. 

Through an unexpected event, she is forced to spend the night in a woodsman's hut with one of the guests. What a scandal! 

Of course, Sir Gareth Blakely must propose, and he does. Unfortunately, Miss Diana Dashwood has already been engaged to and broken off her engagement from Sir Gareth Blakely after a bitter quarrel. Is it likely she will bow to social pressure and accept his proposal, one made only to save her reputation, and if they marry, does their union stand a chance of survival?And what about the pretty heiress, Miss Jemima Plymstock, whom everyone thinks is the lady Sir Gareth had his eye upon? Headstrong and proud, Miss Diana Dashwood is caught in a dreadful dilemma. A must-read for Regency fans!


~ Amazon  ~ 

  


Top Ten List:

1. Museums and art galleries. Believe it or not, these can be very inspiring.

2. Animals – I share animal rescue stories on Twitter and Facebook and sign every petition that crosses my path. I also contribute monthly to two animal rescue charities.

3. The countryside – I live in the countryside now and it has changed my whole perspective on life. Open skies and green fields make walking with my dog a lovely experience.

4. Books – maybe that should be at the top? I love books of all kinds and very much enjoy non-fiction as well. I have some new empty bookshelves so I am working on filling them.

5. Research for my books. This can be so absorbing I sometimes find a few hours have passed and I have been lost in history and done a lot of research but no writing.

6. Dinner parties – I love having small dinner parties with guests who enjoy good food, good wine, and lots of good conversation.

7. Antiques – I have inherited a lot from my great-grandmother and grandmother so being surrounded by beautiful antique furniture and ornaments is all quite normal for me. I also feel they help me get into the mood for my forays into the past.

8. Movies and TV series – I love BBC classic series such as adaptations of Jane Austen’s works. But I also love mystery/thriller and crime series. Disaster movies are my thing!

9. Tea – I love tea, all kinds of tea. I cannot start the day without my pot of morning tea. I enjoy going to a tea room where you can have a delicious English afternoon tea with scones, small cakes and other yummy treats.

10. Desserts – simply the best part of the meal. My ultimate dessert is Crème Brulee, then Tiramisu, and next is home made ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment