Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hazzardous Universe by Julie Wright and Kevin Wasden: Win a Copy!


A guy who works in his grandfather's magic shop expects weird things to happen. But Hap Hazzard has never had a day like this. First, a freaky old man in a cape who calls himself "Torval" visits the shop and somehow makes a trash can explode. Then Torval delivers an ominous message to Hap's grandfather, upsetting the old man so badly that he yells at Hap for the first time ever. Next, this girl Tara shows up to apply for a job, and for reasons Hap can't understand, his cool magic tricks send her away in tears. But that's nothing compared to what happens next. Under orders to apologize to Tara, Hap searches for the girl. But he can barely say he's sorry before three spaceships appear, the biggest of the three looking like a burnt slice of pizza.

The weirdness only ramps up as Hap and Tara soon find themselves aboard the pizza-shaped ship piloted by a pair of aliens. Even though they were accidentally abducted, the two humans are now forced to join an out-of-this-world mission that includes razor-toothed multilingual beetles, a psychic queen bee, manic ape frogs, a coveted crystal, and a hundred other bizarre things that just might make sense-if Hap could only remember and understand Torval's cryptic message. Join Hap and Tara as they begin a fantastic journey into the far reaches of the universe

I have been anxiously awaiting the debut of Hazzardous Universe it is the first of a four-book series that is fun and exciting for young readers. Paired with excellent illustrations, the book invites readers on an imaginative journey to discover the truth about aliens. I will be posting a review of the book and an interview with Julie Wright in a few weeks. I think that this book will be a wonderful read for kids (and adults) of all ages.

If you would like to win a free copy of this book, you need to head on over to Julie's website and see what you need to do.

This is from Julie's site with information about the launch party this Wednesday night:

The launch party for Hazzard Universe Book has finally been set in stone! It will be held at: Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Murray UT. On the corner of 5300 S and State St on Wednesday, March 9th from 6-8 pm. Kevin Wasden and I would be thrilled to have you join us to celebrate the beginnings of this series with us. We’ll have light refreshments, some door prizes, and be signing books!

Deseret News also featured this book in today's paper. Go and read what they had to say.

I hope that you will be able to attend the launch party. I know that I am planning on going.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I enjoyed seeing you at Julie's launch party. You are always so cheerful. You brighten up the room when you walk in. Thanks for being my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie's book looks great.
    It was fun seeing you at the blogger party. I tried responding to your comment on my blog but it didn't work. :) I really clicked with you ladies too. If you ever need another blogger or some help with anything let me know-I'd love to rub shoulders with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to your review of this book. I'm always looking for books my son might enjoy.

    Also, good luck on the AtoZ Challenge! I've been trying to brainstorm what to write about the last few days since I heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may be fudging a bit on some of the letters. I have something all ready to post tomorrow so I have to be creative! Good luck to you! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may be fudging a bit on some of the letters. I have something all ready to post tomorrow so I have to be creative! Good luck to you! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete