Thursday, February 8, 2018
Valentine Countdown Blitz & Giveaway 12 Days of Clean Romance: Day 10- Spy By Night By Jordan McCollum
An award-winning author, Jordan McCollum can’t resist a story where good defeats evil and true love conquers all. She writes stories about love, lies, secrets and sometimes spies, and she helps writers craft their fiction to make their stories and their prose more engaging.
All four of the novels in her Spy Another Day series were named finalists in the Whitney Awards, a juried prize. Spy by Night is a prequel to the other novels in the series.
Connect with the Author here:
"After watching her parents’ marriage crash and burn, CIA operative Talia Reynolds doesn’t believe in “happily ever afters.” Besides, her job entails eighty-hour weeks, juggling a dozen covers and disguises, and tracking down a dangerous Russian spy ring. She hardly has time for romantic entanglements, even if she could let her guard down enough to get close to anyone. But all the rules she lives by could be broken when she meets aerospace engineer Danny Fluker.
Danny moved to Canada for a great job — and a chance to start over after a bad breakup. Dating definitely isn’t in his plans . . . until beautiful and enigmatic Talia throws a perfect storm right in his flight path. When he catches a glimpse of the real woman behind her façade, he has to get to know her better.
Talia has to find a Russian spymaster before he figures out she’s not who she claims, and failing to keep her two lives separate in the process could mean the death of more than just her budding relationship. Danny has to decide if a future with Talia — and facing the past — is worth the risk of getting hurt again. If they can break through the barriers keeping them apart (and avoid a major international catastrophe), they just might have a chance at being happy together."
Top Ten List:
10 Fun Facts About Me
1. I've cached disguises, made dead drops, evaded surveillance and completed other spy missions in a large city. To research for my spy books, I took a spy escape and evasion class from a former CIA officer, and this was part of it!
2. I know Spanish and American Sign Language, and have picked up a few phrases in Russian and Irish (Gaelic) for story research.
3. I was born and raised in the South. I have strong opinions about barbecue and cornbread.
4. For one of my current works in progress, I took a research trip to LA, tried rock climbing, and hiked to the top of an 11,750-foot mountain. (These were all separate events!)
5. I have five children, ages twelve and under. I don't find time to write; I sacrifice other things to make the time.
6. As a child, I performed with the National Opera Company in La Boheme and The Magic Flute . . . as a nonsinging child in crowd scenes.
7. When I was fifteen, I went to Ottawa with my dad on a business trip. We stayed at the Château Laurier, which features in a few of the books in the Spy Another Day series.
8. My husband and I went to New Zealand on our honeymoon because his parents were serving as missionaries there . . . and I hadn't met them yet.
9. Four of my five children were born before their due dates. The one laggard waited two days past hers so she could arrive on my birthday.
10. On the rare occasions I'm not with my family or writing, I like to read, knit, or play the piano, flute, guitar or ukulele.
To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page
Posted by Sheila Staley at 7:00 AM