Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Great Summer Reads Countdown Blitz and Giveaway-Day 12: Water So Deep By Nichole Giles





Nichole Giles, the author of The DESCENDANT series, and The WATER SO DEEP series, has lived in Nevada, Arizona, Utah, and Texas. She is a fan of all things paranormal and magical, and her dreams include owning a garden full of fairies, riding a unicorn, and taming the pet dragon she adopted at a recent local ComiCon. She loves to spend time with her family, travel to tropical and exotic destinations, drive in the rain with the convertible top down, and play music at full volume so she can sing along.


Connect with the Author here: 


Seventeen-year-old Emma Harris is drowning on dry land.

No one knows what’s happening to her, and she’d like to keep her evolution from human to mermaid a secret, but the truth is getting harder and harder to hide. From her adoptive family, from her friends, and especially from the irresistible James Phelps.

Her time in the ocean is spent dodging a possessive merman, while her time on land is split between caring for her special-needs brother and squeezing in every last possible moment of human life. She soon realizes falling for James is unavoidable when he constantly comes to Emma’s rescue and somehow manages to see through her carefully constructed icy facade to the vulnerability she lives with every day. Everything about James makes Emma yearn for a life on land she just can't have.

When Emma’s brother disappears on her watch, James is the only person she trusts to help her save him. But even if they can save her brother, nothing can prevent her return to the sea. Whether she likes it or not, Emma is changing—unable to breathe without yielding to the tide—and it's only a matter of time before she's forced to surrender forever.






Top Ten List:

Ten Fun Facts

1.     I have an enormous (8 foot) metal palm tree in my front yard. Yes, it was expensive. No, I don’t live by a beach (anymore), which is why metal instead of real. But I am all about tropical, lovely things, and also art.

2.     I learned to scuba dive, mostly because I needed inspiration and to research for my Water So Deep series—and even though it was hard at first, I truly love it, and have enjoyed it immensely.

3.     Being near water brings me peace. Sounds strange, I know, but when life really piles on the stress, the best possible remedy for me is a trip to the beach. Second best is a day on a lake. I think it’s a combination of sounds and smells and sunshine, and just being out in nature. It’s a spiritual thing for me.

4.     I’ve kissed a stingray, petted a shark, fed sea lions, swam with dolphins, been on a boat nearly capsized by a whale, and witnessed tiny, just hatched baby turtles as they crawled out to sea. I can’t decide on a favorite, but I intend to someday catch my own crab, and maybe a lobster. I have no idea how.

5.     I have a large collection of sand. Not the kind in a yard, or the kind you buy in gift shops—actual beach sand that my family and I have collected over years of trips. I’ve never been to Europe or Asia (yet) but I’ve visited so many islands (Caribbean and South Pacific) that I’m running out of space to store my bottles of sand. It’s almost as troublesome as my book collection! Almost.

6.     There was a time, a few years ago, when I had purple hair. This was long, long before colored hair was socially accepted among conservatives. I loved it, but keeping it up was a lot of work. I’m considering adding a few pops of color again this year, just for fun. Maybe a mix of colors, because COLOR!

7.     For a brief few years, I lived in Texas, in a house with a view of Corpus Christi Bay right out my front windows and porch. I used to sit in that living room and watch the cargo ships as they sloshed in and out of port. I’ve never lived anywhere else that smelled so sweet, like water and salt and fresh air, and where I could always, always hear the wind rustling palm fronds.

8.     I’ve done a heck of a lot of road trips, that have basically taken me coast to coast. Maybe not all at once, but Utah to Virginia, and Utah to Florida, and then a LOT in other directions, to California, Nevada, and Arizona. Most of it was moving in one form or another, but if you ever want to truly SEE America, you just can’t see it from a plane.

9.     This last Mother’s Day, I got creative and ordered a bunch of pearl oysters from China (in bulk) and some pearl cage pendants and chains from Amazon. They were such a hit, that I made sure I had enough for all my little nieces, too, because every girl deserves a pearl that she harvested herself. Plus, I mean, ocean-themed gifts = WINNING!

10.Secret reveal: I have TWO (yes, that’s right, TWO) books coming out this summer (2017), both related to Water So Deep. One is obviously the sequel I’ve been promising for two years, and the other is a secret project I’ve been working on alongside it. It’s actually a prequel to Water So Deep, and will be available exclusively in the Shattered Worlds Boxed Set to be released on August 8th. I’m extremely excited to FINALLY be able to conclude James and Emma’s story, and add more depth with the prequel. Plus, I’m in love with the covers. In a big way.


Thanks so much for reading my list. I hope you enjoyed learning about my enthusiasm/obsession (okay, honestly, it’s an addiction) to all things beach and ocean related.   




To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 



No comments:

Post a Comment