Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Friday, May 1, 2009

Confessions of a Completely Insane Mother: something I could relate to

Confessions of a Completely Insane Mother Confessions of a Completely Insane Mother by Kersten Campbell


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
Every Mother that still has kids at home must read this book. This is a great, easy read book. I love books like this with short chapters that you can pick up and read one chapter before heading to bed or while brushing your teeth.



Kersten understands what it means to be a Mom. The best part is that she finds the humor in the many things that happen while raising your children. This book is a good reminder to all Moms; sit back and laugh when the kids get into things and enjoy, a little more each day, the experience of being a Mom.




Kersten, thanks for the many laughs your stories gave me. Warning, don't read this book in the middle of church.(That is all of the story you are going to hear! ;)

There were many times I was laughing out loud and my kids came running over to see why I was laughing. I needed this in my life right now. Many times I do feel like I am going insane and this book is a nice reminder that other moms are feeling the same way.

Some of my favorite chapters (which are very hard to choose because I really liked all of them)
that made me have a good old fashioned belly laugh were.....

-Booby Trapped


-Zen and the Art of Zucchini


-The Church Bag




-Morning Bells Are Ringing



This is a great gift idea for Mother's Day, whether for yourself or for others. I really like what it says on the back cover:

"You need the therapy that is in this book"

I want you to know that I agree with this 100%!

You can learn more about Kersten at her website at
http://www.kerstencampbell.com/

Her book can be found at Seagull Book Stores or at http://www.cedarfort.com


View all my reviews.

1 comment: