Wednesday, January 31, 2018
Valentine Countdown Blitz & Giveaway 12 Days of Clean Romance: Day 3: Baker's Dozen By Amey Zeigler
Amey Zeigler wrote her first mystery with her best friend in fourth grade. She wrote, the friend illustrated. It also had a cute boy in it with spiky hair (because that was the style back then). Not much has changed. She loves mysteries. She loves romance. She loves suspense. She loves action, adventure and comedy. But she wants it to have a happy ending.
Because she grew up moving all around the United States, Amey loves writing about different places. In her books, she explores the whole world.
Growing up, Amey was always trying new things. She played violin, drums, flute, piano, all before she was sixteen. She also discovered she didn't have much talent for music.
When people asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up, she was afraid to tell them she wanted to be a writer because she didn't know how to write.
She is so grateful for her Sophomore year Honor's English teacher who gave her a star and five points (out of five!) for Voice on her personal essay. Otherwise, she wouldn't have had enough courage to pursue writing.
Connect with the Author here:
Twenty-three year-old investigative journalist, Andy Miller is armed with her many disguises and creativity to take down the riff-raff of Saint Louis. When her stepbrother is murdered by the mob, Andy soon discovers she’s out of her depth.
Enter Hugh Donaldson who has reasons of his own for discovering the murderer. He’ll use everything in his power to achieve that, including lying to Andy about his past. Dangerous as he is attractive, his martial arts skills and his quirky ways raise Andy’s suspicions.
Although Andy balks at his lies, Hugh’s charms, twenty-inch biceps, and electrifying blue eyes are difficult to resist. Striking out on their own, Hugh and Andy try to outwit each other as they traverse North America tracking down people connected to the case.
As clues disappear and the body count climbs, Andy and Hugh must trust each other and use their combined skills to bring the murderer to justice.
Ten Fun Facts:
1. My second toe is longer than my first
2. I’ve lived in Alaska for eight years, in Europe for a year and a half.
3. I speak French proficiently. But I usually don’t ask people to pardon it.
4. I always have batteries and lemon juice in my fridge—for different reasons
5. I’ve taken ballet class three times but have never been in a performance
6. In sixth grade, I was the class clown. *Sweeping bow*
7. I am an orthodontia-wearing adult
8. I still can’t ride a bike but I roller-blade like an Olympic figure skater.
9. My dream car is a cornflower-blue Mercedes convertible
10. I call my mom nearly every day.
To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page
Posted by Sheila Staley at 7:00 AM