Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Monster Mash Halloween Countdown Blitz and Giveaway: Day 10- League of Turn: 6th Turn: KAT By Ren Garcia





Lord Belmont’s life ended in Clovis, in the impenetrable darkness beneath the ground where forbidden rites were once held. Lady Gwendolyn was his love, body and soul, and the Demon in Blue Light killed her.

Every year, on the anniversary of Gwen’s death, he returned to Clovis to stand in the cold desolation, hearing the wind moan through the lonely passes, feeling her loss all over again.

On this anniversary, he wasn’t alone in Clovis. He heard the noises rustling in the brush. He smelled the raw river of Shadow tech. Then he saw it:


The claws …
The flicking tail …
The maniacal, glittering eyes fixed on him …
“I’ve been waiting for you,” it said in a grating voice as it attacked.
* * * * *

Far away, across the cosmos in a city of wondrous crystal towers, two people watch in horror as the desperate scene at Clovis unfolds. They had worked so hard, sacrificed so much, even argued for it before the gods. They convinced the gods they were right, that they knew best, and everything would go well.

But, things weren’t going well at Clovis.

If this situation went poorly, then ages worth of work would be lost, and, just possibly, the universe might come to an end.
   

 ~ Amazon ~ Amazon UK





Ren Garcia is a Science Fiction/Fantasy author and Texas native who grew up in western Ohio. He has been writing since before he could write, often scribbling alien lingo on any available wall or floor with assorted crayons. He attended The Ohio State University and majored in English Literature. Ren has been an avid lover of anything surreal since childhood, he also has a passion for caving, urban archeology and architecture. His highly imaginative "League of Elder" book series is published by Loconeal Publishing

  



Connect with the Author here: 

Facebook ~ Website ~ Amazon ~




Q&A With The Author:

Tell us about your writing - What genre do you prefer to write? What books, stories, other publications that you've written are your personal favorites? Anything new coming up?

I write science fiction/fantasy books. Very low on the science, very high on the fantasy. I have a giant-sized imagination that’s extruded from my brain like a slushie at the gas station, and such a genre is well-suited for me. I don’t think I have a personal favorite, I’m happy with them all. Essentially, I write stories that I like to read. I’m fairly minimalist when it comes to floral descriptions, I’ve been taught plot is king, and I’m a really good plotter. The next book in the series is Book 10: The House of Bloodstein: Perlamum, followed by The House of Bloodstein: Mentralysis. I’m very excited for this series. It should be a lot of fun.


What gets your creative juices going? Do you write to a music, and do you want to share your playlist?

I love writing at night--that usually gets my juices flowing. When I listen to music, I usually listen to darker, more depressing sort of tunes. One of my usual soundtracks is “Bella Lugosi’s Dead” by Bauhaus and the soundtrack to the Fear Effect.

What about you as a person? What do you do to relax? Favorite movies or tv shows? Hobbies?

I have all sorts of interests. I love caving, I love crawling in the deep unseen places. I also love wandering through huge, craggy buildings like hospitals and old hotels. I really can’t say what my favorite film would be--I have many that I love, and the list changes all the time. My current favorite TV show is “Vikings” on the History Channel though I also like “Longmire” on Netflicks as well.

What color would you wear if you had only one choice?

Red and Gray (I’m a Buckeye fan)


What writers inspired you to become an author?

Michael Moorcock and Fritz Leiber were my biggest influences. Michael Moorcock taught me to be bold and uninhibited in my writing, while Fritz Leiber taught me how to use my imagination to world build, filling it with all sorts of crazy things.


What organizations do you recommend for those wanting to become writers? Any advice you'd like to share about writing?

Writing is a very personal thing. What works for me likely won’t work for another. The best advice I can offer is to have a vision and stick to it. If you believe in your vision, then do not allow negative feedback to sway you from your path. If you have access to a writing group that you trust, then join and hear what they have to say--but, avoid constantly changing your work to suit the needs of others, otherwise your vision will be lost.  




Any special appearances or events coming up that you want to mention?

I visit a number of different shows and conventions across the Midwest



If you could have dinner with any of your characters, which ones would you choose? What food would you serve?

The Goddess Atha. We will eat manna.


If you could travel anywhere, on earth or off, where would you go?

Saturn


"All writers must have cats, especially if they write fantasy or speculative fiction." Do you have a stand on this one? Any cute pictures of your kitty or other pet?


I’m allergic to cat fur, so I have no cats. I have three Dachshunds. They won’t sit still long enough to create a cute picture.



To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 



No comments:

Post a Comment