Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Monday, June 26, 2017

Great Summer Reads Countdown Blitz and Giveaway-Day 7: The Pirate and the Princess By Liz McCraine






Liz McCraine is an outdoor enthusiast, military spouse, and mother. She loves to ride horses and go hiking with her family. When she isn't writing or corralling children, Liz enjoys relaxing with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate. Her motto is: If it doesn't have a happy ending, I don't want to read it.




Connect with the Author here: 




The mischievous Princess Jules of Aggadorn has been pampered and protected her entire life. More than anything, she longs to experience challenges and adventure. But with her mother’s threat to marry her off hanging over her head, Jules fears she will never have the chance. All that changes when she’s kidnapped by pirates.

Forced to labor for her passage aboard Captain Jaymes’ vessel, Jules learns more about life than she bargained for. Captain Jaymes doesn’t fit Jules’ idea of a thieving buccaneer. Beneath his rough exterior lies a man of honor desperate to save his people from a murderous sorcerer. Jules never expects to fall in love with the handsome young captain or to involve herself in the pirates’ plight, much less have the power to save an entire kingdom.




~ Amazon ~ Amazon UK



Q &A:


1.      If you had 3 wishes, what would they be? Never have a serious accident—plane, train, car, bike, horse, etc. Always enjoy good health. Never be too poor to afford ice cream.

2.      Where do you write? Wherever I can. At a desk, in the kitchen, on the couch, at the park… Because my kids are young and active, I have to take advantage of every opportunity.

3.      How long does it normally take you to write a novel? I typically write more than one at a time, alternating between drafts. In a year I can kick out two polished manuscripts.

4.      What are your inspirations? My husband. He works so hard for our family, and I want to give back to him in any way I can. Being an author allows me to contribute financially to the family without taking anything away. It’s also a great conversation starter, which is useful because we move a lot and are always meeting new people.

5.      How did you come to write this particular book or series? My first two children were born thirteen months apart. My husband was in a crazy graduate program, leaving me alone with the kids and no transportation. It was write or go insane, and before I knew it, the Kingdom of Aggadorn was created.

6.      What was the hardest part of writing your book, and how did you overcome it? Naming places and characters was the most difficult. I scribbled through a lot of notebooks trying to get them just right.

7.      What is your writing drive? The power that keeps you going when your writing gets difficult? I’ve learned over the years to be persistent. When I hit a snag or writer’s block threatens to set in, I just keep pushing, keep writing. Even if what I type is junk and I have to rewrite it later, I still keep working. It eventually gets easier.

8.      How did you come up with the title? That was the easy part. The main character is a princess, and her love interest is a pirate. It made sense.


9.      Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family member? The university where I worked offered free evening classes to its employees. I took a creative writing course taught by a semi-retired professor. Ten years later, Professor Woods is still contacting us, asking us how our writing is going. His support has been wonderful.



To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 



No comments:

Post a Comment