Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Great Summer Reads Countdown Blitz and Giveaway-Day 6: Guinevere: At the Dawn of Legend, Book 2 By Cheryl Carpinello





I’m a retired high school English teacher. A devourer of books growing up, my profession introduced me to writings and authors from times long past. Through my studies and teaching, I fell in love with the Ancient and Medieval Worlds. Now, I hope to inspire young readers and those Young-at-Heart to read more through my Tales and Legends for Reluctant Readers set in these worlds.


Connect with the Author here: 



Even the Goddess doesn’t know who will Live or Die

“Think before acting,” her father always warned. But Princess Guinevere is ruled by her heart. Her betrothal to King Arthur has not changed this.

When Guinevere and Cedwyn’s latest adventure takes a dangerous turn, they find themselves embroiled in a life-or-death struggle as foretold by Merlyn’s Goddess of the Stones Renegades—foiled in their attempt to kidnap the princess—steal the children of Cadbury Castle to sell as slaves.

 Guinevere and Cedwyn vow to rescue the children, but a miscalculation puts them all in more danger. The plan quickly unravels, and Guinevere’s impassioned decisions come crashing down as Cedwyn chooses to turn his dream of becoming a knight into reality.

Will their courage be strong enough to survive, or will one make the ultimate sacrifice?




~ Create Space ~

Find all Cheryl Carpinello's book here:
~ Amazon ~ Amazon UK



Q & A:

1. If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?

          Good health for my family,
          A more tolerant human race,
          Staying true to who I am.

2. Where do you write?

My writing cave is supposed to be the bedroom off the living room, but this is also my oldest grandsons room and the toy room for all four grandchildren! I usually do my writing on the couch or on the patio in the summer.

3. How long does it normally take you to write a novel?

From initial idea to finished product usually takes me about a year and a half.

4. What are your inspirations?

Joseph Campbell has been a huge inspiration for my writing along with my high school students, my kids, and my grandkids. Each of my stories is crafted along Campbells Heros Journey. I write the stories I do to help kids of all ages understand themselves better and encourage them to explore and accept who they are. That is the broad concept behind the Heros Journey.

5. How did you come to write this particular book/series about young Guinevere?

Back in 2007, when I first conceived the idea of this story of Guinevere as a young girl, I never intended on writing a sequel. Guinevere: On the Eve of Legend introduced my young readers to this not-so-simple princess and gave them a glimpse into that mystical world of Arthurian Legend which was my intention.
Through the intervening years since Guinevere’s publication, a small voice kept bouncing around in my head. Nothing I thought could silence it. Finally one day, I gave in and listened. As I suspected, it was Cedwyn, Guinevere’s friend.
He insisted that I keep my promise—made in On the Eve of Legend—and make him a knight. Still I resisted and repeated that I never intended to write a book two. Then Guinevere joined in. Her argument: I couldn’t just leave the two of them out there without any closure.
Outnumbered and continually interrupted as I worked on other projects, I finally gave in and agreed to write not one more, but two more stories to give Guinevere and Cedwyn their closure. Guinevere: At the Dawn of Legend and Guinevere: The Legend are the final books in the Guinevere trilogy.

6. What was the hardest part of writing your book, and how did you overcome it?

At the Dawn of Legend had a very strict timeline for the journey of Guinevere and Cedwyn. Right up to the end, I had to keep changing/adjusting the story to stay within the timeline. In addition, inside the timeline, the characters traveled, and I had to keep checking that the distances could realistically be covered. Throughout I tracked the characters movements on paper. Finally at the end, I brought out the chart paper and white board and did a continuous timeline for my final check. This took me nearly a day.

7. What is your writing drive? The power that keeps you going when your writing gets difficult?

It is the story itself and the characters. When something isnt working out or I dont know what to do next, I walk away and let the thoughts flow through my brain until Ive found the solution. Sometimes thats an hour, a day, or even several days. Instead of actually writing down on paper (which I do for the first draft!), I write inside my head.

8. How did you come up with the title?

Already having On the Eve of Legend, At the Dawn of Legend just followed as the dawn follows the evening. Also, the Eve comes first in a time sequence, as we know from Christmas Eve and New Years Eve.

9. Name one entity that you feel supported you outside of family members.


My friend and editor, Louise, is always there for me. She was a library assistant at the high school where I taught. Shes always there if I need to bounce ideas off another person, and shes always ready to re-read my pages. Without her, Im not sure that any of my books would have been written.





To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 



No comments:

Post a Comment