Friday, March 31, 2017
Grandma's Wedding Quilts: Monica's Mystery By Kate Cambridge-Day 5 Book Blitz and Giveaway
Kate Cambridge is an emerging author of Sweet Historical Romance and Sweet Contemporary Romance. She is a hopeless romantic, strong supporter of women's rights, and loves to create stories that inspire, and characters who seem real long after "The End."
Visit KateCambridge.com for more information, or KateCambridge.com/Choice to join the Choice Readers group for special launch-day pricing, contest, and more. Be one of the first to know what happens next...
Kate loves to connect with readers!
Connect with the Author here:
Monica has to leave home, fast. Her parents are planning to marry her off and although all her friends are marrying, that is definitely not what she wants. She’s seventeen, an amateur sleuth, and sees no reason why she can’t join the ranks of the local lawman, or even become a Texas Ranger, should she choose!
What will happen when she visits her best friend in Texas, only to find herself face-to-face with a handsome Texas Ranger, and knee-deep in territory she has no idea how to navigate?
Interview With The Author
1. Tell us about things you enjoy – what you do for fun or personal satisfaction besides writing? (Covered in my top 10 favorite things, I think. If you need more let me know!
2. When did you first realize you were an author? My freshman year of high school my Literature teacher told me I had a gift for writing, it was a day I will never forget.
3. Have you done anything writing-related, but besides actually writing your books, that seemed to get a lot of positive response? Something that encouraged you? Yes, after college I worked for a temp company as a way to get to know some of the local companies. One of my short-term jobs was to cover for an assistant who was away on vacation, and the department manager asked me to write a letter to a Congressman with a summary of what it should cover. I wrote the letter, and the next thing I knew he brought the Vice President to meet me and they asked me to work for them full-time in government affairs – and so I did! That was the beginning of a 13-year career with that company.
4. What is the thing you struggle with the most while writing? And how do you defeat it? I struggle with outlining stories – they just come to me and that’s how I prefer to write – but sometimes I write myself into a corner and I’m not sure what direction to take. A friend recommended “Anatomy of a Premise Line” by Jeff Lyons and it has been immensely helpful! I tend to defeat the challenges I face by learning a new skill or approach to overcome it.
5. What is the “message” of your writing? Most of my historical romance books focus on the Suffragette Movement, and to some degree sweet contemporary romances always feature a modern-day Suffragette. I LOVE that women can vote, run a business, and share equal footing with me – I hope we never lose sight of how precious this is.
6. What are your thoughts/feelings on ebook vs print book? I like both, and try to publish my books (if they are long enough) in both ebook and print format.
7. How many books do you have out? Are you planning a specific number altogether, either in this series or separately? I have 2 books in this series and am writing a 3rd. I wrote The Prequel to the series, and readers asked for another book to answer some of their unanswered questions. I’m hopeful that will be ready to publish by Mother’s Day at the latest. In total, I have 9 books published currently with 6 more planned for 2017!
8. Are your characters/stores/scenes, etc. based on anything in real life? I tend to create characters that have personality traits and beliefs similar to friends and family members. They are definitely not exact, but most of them contain something that reminds me of someone I love.
9. What are your future projects? I have a “short reads” book planned with several of the Grandma’s Wedding Quilts authors, a sweet contemporary planned with another group of well-known authors, a secret project planned for late summer, and hope to complete the “Suffragette Choice Brides” series by the end of 2017, “Lydia”, “Susan”, and “Lucy”.
To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page