Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Christmas Countdown Blitz Day 4: Christmas Romance Short Stories by Debbie White






-->Debbie currently lives in northern California where the beautiful landscapes are often the settings in her books. The jagged coastline, the rolling hills with vineyards and the redwood forest make wonderful sceneries for her romance novellas.
When Debbie isn’t writing or traveling to a book signing, she’s visiting her family on the east coast, traveling to other places on her bucket list, enjoying her backyard, hiking with her husband and riding on the back of their motorcycle.
Although she currently writes romance and women’s fiction, Debbie’s book Ties That Bind is categorized as general literary fiction. Based on true events, Ties That Bind holds a special place in her heart.
As an avid animal lover and parent to two rescue dogs, Debbie donates a portion of her proceeds to animal rescue organizations. When you purchase one of her books, you’re also helping a furry pet with shelter, food and ultimately a new home!


Q & A with the Author:
5. What is the hardest thing you've ever done?

          Watch my mom die before my eyes as I held her hand.

6. Now that we've gotten to know each other, tell me a story. It can be long or short. From your childhood or last week. Funny, sad, or somewhere in between. Just make sure it's yours. What's your story?

          I was sicker than a dog a few days back. I’m pretty dramatic so I was convinced I was dying. I wasn’t, I was just sick. And I was sick and tired of being sick. My hubby of 41 years stayed home from work to help take care of me. He made me toast, hot tea and even cleaned up after I sort of made a mess. Now, that’s a man worth keeping and might make a good book boyfriend, what do you think? Lol.

Connect with the Author here: 


Saving Peters Tree Farm


-->After the death of her father, Charlotte Peters makes the big decision to move back to Archer Lodge, North Carolina to help her mom and the family’s failing Christmas tree farm. After a quick stop into the local hardware store, Charlotte is confronted with a part of her past she’d nearly forgotten about. Or had she? Can Charlotte stay focused on why she came to Archer Lodge and let the past be the past, or will her heart be broken once again?

Say It Ain’t Snow!
Melissa Curry is desperately trying to save her family's ski resort. The drought has done everything it can to dry up their business. When she discovers the town council is planning a detour through the city that will likely chase the rest of the tourists away, Melissa jumps into action to save the day and the town.





Top Ten List:

1.       I married my high school sweetheart at the young age of 16 and we’ve been married for 40 years.  I’ve known him since the sixth grade! I don’t recommend getting married this young, but 1975 was different.
2.       I’ve lived in Panama, Germany and Korea. I’ve traveled to many more countries. I’ve lived in California, Washington, Maine, Idaho, Colorado, Texas, and South Carolina. I’ve traveled through many more.
3.       I was born in a little town (it’s grown up a lot since then), and for a short time lived on a farm. My mom told me that I used to throw ripe tomatoes at the sheep.
4.       I can’t remember a time that I didn’t have some sort of animal in my life. As a young girl it was a cat, dog, and hamsters. As an adult it was a cat, and dogs, and a huge fish aquarium. 
5.        My goal after I retire is to travel to Ireland and Scotland – two countries I’ve not seen. In addition, I really want to do a European river cruise.
6.       Animal rescue is dear to my heart. I donate a percentage of all my book sales to organizations.
7.       I currently have two rescue dachshunds, Dash and Briar. You’ll see some pictures of them on my website.
8.       I earned my Bachelors of Arts in Sociology in 2011. I graduated with honors, Magna Cum Laude.
9.       Writing is not something I’ve always dreamed of doing; however my love of books did spark my desire.

10.   My favorite job was working in a library on an Air Force Base in Texas. 


To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 



No comments:

Post a Comment