Wednesday, December 21, 2016
Book Blitz and Giveaway for Saving Lord Whitton's Daughter (A Regency Romance Novel) by Susan Tietjen
Susan was born and raised a California girl but is grateful to have lived on the Oregon coast and in the Rocky Mountains of northern Utah. She’s now enjoying living with her husband in the incomparable beauty of the Redwood forest, nestled against the rugged coast of Northern California.
Susan raised a tribe of children, making ends meet as a registered nurse and lactation consultant, and now her tribe members have tribes of their own and she just doesn’t get to see enough of them. She loves to travel and is thrilled with a good movie or a great book, but writing is her passion. She writes almost anything, especially epic fantasy and romance. Saving Lord Whitton’s Daughter is her first Regency Romance.
Susan would love to hear your comments. Please review her book at your favorite retailer, and at Goodreads, and/ or drop her a note at: email@example.com.
Connect with the Author here:
Lady Bethany would rather die a spinster than submit to marriage—and thus reveal the horrible secret she has harbored for more than a year
Lord Locke is far too immersed in his service to the Crown for romance, but Lady Bethany is in dire circumstances.
Indebted to Bethany’s late father and his close friend, the earl offers a perfect solution for both of them: a marriage in name only.
Perfect, if only they weren’t so irresistibly drawn to each other—and if Bethany hadn’t found herself falling in love with a man even more mysterious than his reputation. Perfect, until she unwittingly learns he’s protecting her from a threat to her life.
To Mark, Bethany is just another assignment, a woman he’s convinced is hiding something. His offer of marriage was meant only to make it easier to safeguard her.
But when the simple threat turns to attempted murder and treason, Mark realizes that Bethany has stolen his heart and he can do nothing less than throw himself into a race against time to save her, whatever the price.
Top Ten List:
1) Of course, my very favorite pastime is reading. (Writing is both my job and my lifeblood, so one cannot replace the other!) I love almost every genre, everything from women’s lit and romance (of all kinds) to fantasy, science fiction, mystery, and dystopian. I love so many writers and specific works it’s hard to pick just a few. I’m just as excited about Harry Potter and The Hunger Games as I am by Jodi Picoult, Dean Koontz, Anne McCAffrey, and Robin Hobb. I’ve savored every word of The Lord of the Rings (3 times), and devoured Sarah Eden’s work. I admire Brandon Sanderson and David Gemmell, and loved the Divergent books and the Twilight series. My favorite Regency Romance is The Scarlet Pimpernel and I’ve read all of Georgette Heyer’s and Barbara Cartland’s Regencies as well as a number of the Scottish Highland time-travel series. Mostly, I love authors who can create a world for me that allows me to step away from my own and enjoy an adventure.
2) One of my favorite leisure-time activities is going to the movies—and enjoying a bucket of popcorn. I’d go every week if I could.
3) I love to knit and crochet and have won awards doing so. I’ve made everything from clothes, children’s sweaters, baby blankets, beanies and booties to jackets, afghans, and shawls.
4) I love to travel. I’ve been from Florida to San Diego and Arizona, from Portland to New York, from Texas and New Mexico to Colorado, from Iowa, Nebraska and Illinois to Hawaii. I love living near the beach and the redwood forest, but my favorite vacation spot was Hawaii and I’d love to go there again. However, if I could have the dream vacation of a lifetime I would love to follow my family’s roots to Ireland, England, and Scotland.
5) I love sushi. I’ve eaten it at all types of restaurants all over the country and even in Hawaii. I’ve even learned how to make it myself and think I do a pretty darn good job of it. In fact, I love to cook so much I have at least one or two recipes in almost every well-known cuisine in the world and have created so many of my own recipes, I’ve sworn someday I might publish my cookbook. Maybe I will.
6) My list of favorite actors is way too long. I count myself lucky to have lived long enough to be able to jokingly claim a relationship with some of the greats. I cried when Jimmy Stewart, John Wayne, and recently Sally Field died. There are so many wonderful new actors and actresses coming into their own that I look forward to decades of brilliant performances. I’ve loved Sandra Bullock since her career began; I think Jennifer Lawrence has a great career to look forward to; Scarlett Johanssen is fascinating; and I always have and always will adore Tom Hanks, Tom Cruise, Denzel Washington, Juila Roberts, Jennifer Garner and Reese Witherspoon. I will never forgot the place carved in my heart by the stars of Harry Potter: Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, and Rupert Grint or the amazing Lord of the Rings crew.
7) I still love the songs of Simon & Garfunkel, especially “The Sound of Silence” and “Scarborough Fair”, and “Angel” by Sarah Mclachlan. I love Celtic Woman, Kelly Clarkson, Lisa Kelly, The Piano Guys, Mercy River, David Archuleta, and Celine Dion to name a few.
8) I love animals. I once considered becoming a large animal vet. My first true love was with horses and I wanted a career that would keep me around them every day. I feel so fortunate that I not only eventually had the opportunity to own horses, I rode, trained, showed, and bred them. My husband says my relationship with horses is uncanny and calls me a horse whisperer. I don’t think I’m that great, but I would not deny that they seem to like me, too.
9) My husband and I have 8 children (7 living) and 22 grandchildren with #23 on the way! We’re very proud of our family’s accomplishments and we love them all.
10) My father is still alive at a robust 89 years old. He says he plans to live to 102. That means he’ll outlive me, ‘cause I’m not sure I want to live that long. Unless I can keep on writing!
To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page
Posted by Sheila Staley at 7:00 AM
Labels: Book Blitz and Giveaway for Saving Lord Whotton's Daughter, Susan Tietjen