Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Summer Reading...Here I Come!!




I have one more week of school left. Teaching on a year round schedule is wonderful until the end of school. Everywhere else Summer is being celebrated, except at year round school. We are trying to maintain some semblance of organized teaching while following a schedule. Once school is out I am like a crazy person; one that is addicted to books. I have so many books that I would like to read and my pile of books is high. Here are just a few of the books that I will be spending my time with during my Summer break.

-The Help by Kathryn Stockett (I am cheating a little here because I am already reading it. :)

-Janitors Book 1 by Tyler Whitesides

-Captive Heart by Michele Paige Holmes

-A World Without Heroes: Beyonders #1 by Brandon Mull

-Heart of A Hero by Marie Higgins

-The Perfect Fit by Michele Ashman Belle

-Possession by Elana Johnson

-Queen In Exile by Donna Hatch

-Hazzardous Universe by Julie Wright

-Watched by Cindy Hogan

-Voice Across Time by Linda Todd Bush

-If I Should Die by Jennie Hansen

-Abish Mother of Faith by K.C. Grant

-Gifted by Karey White

-Don't Cry Wolf by Clair M. Poulson

There are more books in my pile, but these are the ones that I am going to start with. I have to admit, this has always been my favorite part of summer when I had time to read and read. Every summer my siblings and I would join the Summer Reading Program at our local library. I loved reading as much as I could so I would earn my free book. These days, I take my children to the library to join the summer reading program. I love the fact that adults can join the program and earn a free book. We have signed up for this summer's program and are on our way to earning our free books. Regardless of the free book we earn, I love more that my children and I can share our love of books and reading together.

One World, Many Stories

Children's Summer Reading Program 2011

We live in a world full of stories – stories about other places, other people, other times. Come to the library this summer and read some of the many stories that exist in our one world.

When: May 31 - August 20, 2011

Who Can Participate: Children from birth to age 11.

How it Works: Sign up to participate in the Summer Reading Program, then read for at least 20 minutes each day. You may count the time you spend reading books, comic books, newspapers, or magazines. You may also count the time you spend listening to books that are read to you, or to recorded books. There are no assignments (and never any tests) – you choose what you want to read!

Keep track of your reading on your Reading Card (you’ll get one when you sign up) and you will get a prize when you bring the completed card back to the library. You can earn up to five prizes this summer, just by reading.

Go to your library's website to read about the teen and adult Summer Reading Program.






1 comment: