Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Sunday, March 27, 2011

My review of "Alma The Younger" by Heather B. Moore

My rating: 4 1/2 of 5 stars

Alma the Younger is another powerful book about Book Of Mormon Prophets and their people. The writing is so good that I just marvel at Heather's storytelling skills. There are times, I forget about the main story to re-read a line or two again. I want to study Heather's writing skills before jumping back into the story. There is a good reason that Heather is an award winning author. She knows how to write and does it very well. I also enjoy taking classes from her at writing conferences.


The story of Alma the Younger, was brought to life for me in ways I have never imagined before. The enormity of his evil doing and rebelliousness shook me. I also felt the same way when the Angel of the Lord struck him dumb. This has always been one of my favorite stories in the Book of Mormon. I also loved getting to know the other characters better such as Ammon and Aaron. I still am amazed at the strength of Alma the Elder and King Mosiah. I applaud Heather, for once again, presenting a Book of Mormon story that is scripturally sound and retains the true spirit found in the original story.


I highly recommend this 4 1/2 star book to all LDS readers, and those of other faiths who enjoy a great story of love and redemption. I also recommend that you read Abinadi and Alma by the same author. They come first chronologically, and will help many things make more sense in your reading of Alma the Younger.

Please go to Heather's website to learn more about her, her books and her writing advice.



2 comments:

  1. Hi, cutie! My son has read the one with Abinidi, he cried, poor thing. He would love to read this one, too! Great review! (are you giving this one away?)

    ;)

    ♥.•*¨ Elizabeth ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had an extra copy to give away. It really is a great book!!

    ReplyDelete