Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Divine Intervention: A Story of Faith and Miracles By Helen and Randy Hall

An extraordinary story of inspiration and courage. When Doug and Julie Wagstaff invited Randy and Helen Hall to join them on a week-long vacation in Mazatlan, Mexico, it seemed like a welcome break during a stressful time. The two families would travel to Mexico in the Wagstaffs' private plane, and Doug was an experienced pilot. Who would have guessed a dream vacation would turn into a nightmare?

En route a sudden winter storm coated the plane with ice and brought it down in the mountains of Arizona. Miraculously, all nine people on board survived, although two were seriously injured. From premonitions before the flight, to a remote rescue in hazardous terrain, to the Lord's hand in the families' healing, this book will inspire every reader.



This book was truly an incredible read. I have always liked to read about
true life experiences. I can tell you that this book will not disappoint
the reader. The title is so appropriate! When you read about the
accident, that should have claimed the lives of the Wagstaff
and Hall families, you know that God and his angels did intervene.


I like how Helen and Randy Hall both told their stories. The viewpoint
changes from one to the other throughout the story.I feel that this
only made the story of this miracle that much stronger. The story
is told so powerfully, you feel as if you are there in the plane.


Here is an excerpt I wanted to share with you:

"Sometimes words in the English language cannot even begin to convey an emotion. How would one describe the sensation of slipping while climbing a sheer rock face and then cascading downward? How would one describe the emotion felt while falling through the air, knowing death was imminent? I suppose "frozen with fear" and "sheer terror" come close to describing my feelings as I realized the plane was crashing. As the gravity of the situation overwhelmed me, I could scarcely breathe. I knew that in a few minutes, my life and that of my husband and two of our children would end. Our good friends would die with us. Time slowed and seemed to take on a whole new dimension, but my mind kicked into overdrive. I cried silently to the Lord, begging for a chance to live, a chance to do better."

As I said before, very powerful words to describe a terrifying moment in this woman's life.

The main reason I loved reading this book was how it made me feel. It also made me think about my own life and how I would have reacted in this situation. We all have trials in our lives, some more catastrophic than others. Who do we turn to during these trials? How fast are we to beg the Lord to take away the trial/s from our life? In Helen's situation, she only had minutes to plead to the Lord for her life and those she loved. How long does it take us to fall on bended knee and ask for help? If nothing else, this book will make you reflect on your life and where you are heading. I felt so inspired and uplifted after reading Helen and Randy's story. I took a moment to be truly grateful for the blessings in my life and the help I have always received from the Lord and other "angels" here on Earth.

This book, "Divine Intervention" is one that I highly recommend to you and your family. Give this book to someone who needs a boost of faith in their life. This book will help anyone, who needs those reminders of why we should be grateful for the small things that happen every day. In other words, this book would make am outstanding Christmas gift for anyone on your list!

If you would like to purchase this book go here to Amazon.com or Barnes and Noble


I want to thank Walnut Springs Press for this review copy. In no way did this influence
my review of this book.









No comments:

Post a Comment