Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

What Would the Founding Fathers Think: A Young American's guide to understanding the mess our country is in and how we get out
Isabelle Webb: Legend of the Jewel
Captive Heart
Cobble Cavern
Caller ID
Promises
Protected,
Summer of Secrets
On Little Wings
We Lived in Heaven: Spiritual Accounts of Souls Coming to Earth
Christ's gifts to women
A Woman's power: threads that bind us to god
Scary School
Hope's journey
Blue
Targets in Ties
Crater Lake: Battle for Wizard Island
Venom
With a Name like Love
Sean Griswold's head


Sheila's favorite books »

2017 Reading Challenge

2017 Reading Challenge

Sheila has read 0 books toward her goal of 50 books.
hide

Sunday, September 11, 2011

My Memories of 9/11...I Will Never Forget


I Posted this last year on 9/11. I felt I needed to re-post it again today on the 10th Anniversary of this tragic day in American History.

I remember very well where I was and what I was doing the morning of 9/11. I was sitting at my computer checking e- mail and listening to the morning news. I was glowing in the excitement of the happy news that I was finally pregnant again. Two and half years earlier, our son Matthew had died at 35 weeks, due to a stillbirth. Sitting there, I heard my three year old daughter playing in her bedroom. Life was wonderful and I felt so blessed.
I happened to look up at the TV and they were showing the first footage of a plane that had flown into one of the famous twin towers in New York City. I thought how tragic that this accident had happened. Then suddenly, a second plane flew into the other tower. The sinking feeling in my stomach told me that this was no accident. As the news anchors spoke, we all knew that America was under attack. I placed my hands over my stomach thinking of the child that was growing in my womb. What kind of world was I bringing another child into? I felt so protective that moment of my daughter and my unborn child. What did this mean for us as Americans? Where would we be attacked next? To be attacked on American soil was new for my generation.

As the minutes rolled by, my daughter came into my bedroom and crawled into my lap. I just held her as the tears rolled down my face. The news came soon that the Pentagon had been attacked. Then finally, the story of the brave people on flight 93 that had fought back. That plane crashed into an open field, instead of The White House where it was headed. I sat mesmerized the rest of the day watching the same stories and footage over and over again.

9/11 has now become my generations Pearl Harbor. I will NEVER forget what happened that day. I will always remember what a great country I live in and fight for our freedoms. This is why I love the song, "Have You Forgotten" by Darryl Worley. This should be played daily in our country, to remind us of how united we felt after that tragic day of 9/11. God Bless our country and those that serve our country.








Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

4 comments:

  1. But what was the Oklahoma City Bombing, if not an attack on the U.S? I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick this post was about 9/11 not about the OK City Bombing.I do not see what you have to be confused about. Nowhere did I say that the OK bombing wasn't an attack on the US. There have been many types of attacks against our country, but none have been as significant to our generation as 9/11 was and done by terrorists outside of our country.In no way was the OK attack not awful,it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm confused because you said to be attacked on US soil was new for your generation. But when I lost two close friends and nearly lost my own life in Oklahoma City on April 19th, it was a terrorist attack and it did happen in my generation and it was horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sad to hear that you had to endure such a terrifying thing. I guess the reason this affected me so much was because of why I wrote the post. I found out I was PG a few days before 9/11. My first son died and to me I was so full of hope and then to have this happen it made me question and worried about the new life I was carrying. I did watch all of the OK city tragedy. I take it you worked in the building? Now that you wrote about your experience I can see why you asked what you did. Have you ever written about your experience or it it too hard?

    ReplyDelete

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...