Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Friday, August 27, 2010

It's All "Mockingjay" This Weekend!


I have been waiting for so long, I can't believe that "Mockingjay" by Suzanne Collins is really in my hands. The last book in the "Hunger Games" trilogy has caused great excitement. There were many people I know that had already read the book, while I was still waiting for my copy to come in the mail.

I have been very glad that no one has spilled the beans about the contents of the novel. I also hope that I won't be disappointed with the ending. For example, I really liked Harry Potter 7 "The Deathly Hallows", but I hated the epilogue! This is always the problem when you wait anxiously for the ending of a series. Do we as readers raise our expectations too high? Maybe, we shouldn't expect as much from authors to write the best book of the series at the very end? I know I loved "Hunger Games" the first book in the trilogy SO much; it is on my Top 10 list of favorite books. It is exciting as I anticipate reading "Mockingjay" and hoping that Suzanne Collins comes through for me!

2 comments:

  1. Shiela, I'm using Mockingjay as my motivation to exercise. For every mile I walk, or 15 minutes of other good exercise, I get to read one chapter. So far, I've been good, but I am SO tempted to cheat! It's that good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean picked it up Tues. at noon and finished it that night. I started Wed. and stayed up late Wed. and Fri. and finished it Fri. night. We both loved it. Not sure which is my favorite. Probably the first.

    ReplyDelete