Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Friday, November 20, 2009

Winner of the Contest, New Moon and Fablehaven 4

[Women+of+Virtue.jpg]
Sorry about the lateness of announcing the winner of "Women of Virtue". I ended up having an unplanned root canal this week and it threw me off my schedule. Now that I am out of pain and out of money, I knew that it was time to blog.

Let's start with the winner of the contest. The person who won the copy of "Women of Virtue" is...
JoAnn Arnold. Congratulations to JoAnn you will receive your copy soon. Please e-mail me your address so I can send you your book.

Last night, along with 100's of other people, mainly young and older women, went to see the movie "New Moon" What an experience! There were so many people there at the District, you could hardly breathe. It was a fun night that I was able to share with my daughter and my friends. The movie was good and much better than the first movie, Twilight. The new director really made a difference in the quality of film that was made. I also think that they were given a lot more money because the special effects were outstanding.
Twilight - New Moon Poster
The downside to all of this, we didn't get home until almost 3:00 in the morning. It is amazing, having only had 3 1/2 hours of sleep, I have done very well today. I taught today and wasn't as tired as thought I would be. By the way...I am on Team Edward, though Jacob looked pretty darn good last night. Go see New Moon, even if you haven't read the book. It is worth the price of a ticket.

I just recently finished reading "Fablehaven 4: Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary". Once again I was taken in with the magic found in a Fablehaven book. This book is another wonderful addition to the series. Now that Kendra and Seth have grown up so much, they both are becoming incredible and powerful characters. I know that the recommended reading age for this book is 9-12, but seriously folks, this is an exciting read for all ages. It sucks you in until the very last page. Speaking of the last page, in fact the last sentence, it ends with a huge shocker! There are many things that take you completely by surprise. This is a series that has continually gotten better and better with each installment. It is exciting, it has great bad guys and monsters, wonderful dangerous places the characters visit etc. If you have not taken the opportunity to read the Fablehaven books, you should. I have read them by myself and also with my kids. I give "Fablehaven 4: Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary" 5 stars.
Cover Image

Coming soon on my blog, an interview with the wife of a fantastic writer, Book tour reviews for Kathi Orem Peterson's new Christmas book, "An Angel on Main Street", and "The Ball's in Her Court" by Heather Justesen. I also will be giving you my suggestions for your Christmas Book giving. I will try and give you some ideas for people of all ages and genres. There were so many great books released this past year, this list may be a long one. So please come back again, because there are many fun things planned for the next several months on my blog. Happy Reading!

1 comment: