Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Why Can't I Decide?





It was on January 1st that I happily declared that I was participating in the Historical Fiction Reading Challenge. I have been looking at many other sites to see what people have decided to read for the challenge. I have had a few suggestions from people and I have started to make my list. Why then am I still sitting here, six days later still trying to decide what I am going to read for the challenge? This isn't a life altering decision that must be made... but these days it sure feels like it!

Most decisions I make during the day directly affect my children or the children I teach. Now, as I must make a decision that should bring great enjoyment into my life, I am sitting frozen in place. I am not sure whether to read the books in the Royal Twist or the Twilight Twist...books that inspired the Twilight series. **sigh** How sad that I am dragging my feet on making a decision that should be relatively easy, but the mole hill is turning into a mountain.

So instead of announcing my picks for the challenge, I now am shamelessly reporting back to you that I don't have a clue what I will be reading. I still have 24 days to make a decision and get the book read in order to fulfill the first month's requirement. I also will freely admit that it doesn't help that I am in the process of reading 6-7 other books right now and this may be distracting me just a bit.

Feel free to give me feedback, suggestions or if you want to commiserate with me that would be helpful too! Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

  1. You know my vote... TWILIGHT-TWILIGHT-TWILIGHT!!! No doubt- Twilight!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny! You do realize that I wouldn't be reading the Twilight books...right? How many times have you seen the movie now? I have seen it only 3 times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say line up all your historical novels, close your eyes and point. Simple as that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say go for the Royal twist. Then pick the smallest (shortest) book to start. That way you won't feel so overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I will take your advice. Maybe I am just overwhelming myself here...so good advice all the way around!

    ReplyDelete