Sheila's Books Read

Sheila's bookshelf: read

The Best Intentions
Scotland's Melody
The Secret Society of Salzburg
Secret of the Sonnets
20-40-60-Minute Dinners: Meals to Match the Time You Have
Through the Wilderness: My Journey of Redemption and Healing in the American Wild
Secret Santa Claus Club: A Tool to Help Parents Unwrap the Secret of Santa
Mr. Pudgins
Revenge Never Rests
The Best Mistake
Meriden Park
More Inspirational Stories for Young Women
The Great Tree: A Christmas Fable
To Capture His Heart
The Call of the Sea
Esperance
Livvy and the Enchanted Woodland
Come, Gentle Night
The Bad Boy Theory
Guide To Smart Wedding Planning: What You want to know and everything you haven't thought of yet.


Sheila's favorite books »

2024 Goodreads Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge

2024 Reading Challenge
Sheila has read 4 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Why Not? Because I Said So!

How many times each day does this come out of my mouth? It really is rather silly, "Just because I said so" Logically this doesn't make a lot of sense to my kids, it's just another way I say "NO".

I think in the future I would rather this phrase mean , "Yes, listen to me because I really know what I am talking about" or "Listen to my point of view to see the idea from a new perspective". My hopes for this blog is exactly that, I want to be able to really say something and have people listen because they believe what I have to say or want to broaden their own horizons on a certain issue.

I feel we all have a lot to learn by listening to each other; and not just listening so we can have a turn to talk. How many times have you been "talking" to someone and you know they haven't heard a word you have said. Instead they were formulating a comeback or story to top what you just said. I quickly get frustrated by having these conversations with non-listeners/talkers.
Is this what is wrong with our world as a whole? We have become talkers instead of listeners? I believe that this is a skill we must all develop in order to effectively communicate with others.

So...why not? Drop on by to listen...because I said so!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT! I totally agree, there's little that frustrates me more than when I'm speaking to someone and they are zoning me out! I'm so excited you started a blog- I believe they are an excellent source of therapy! Plus, (if you're anything like me), it's easier to write out my thoughts than it is to speak them. I'm so excited to be included on "your point of view." ;)

    ReplyDelete